SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF: SBI or State Bank of India holds the authority to recruit Clerical cadre in different branches across India through the SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) Exam. SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) 2020 facilitates the recruitment for the post of Junior Associates (JA).
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF Download for recruitment to Junior Associates has been published officially. The SBI Clerk Notification PDF includes detailed information on the exam pattern, eligibility, application dates, vacancies and important details related to the recruitment.
- SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment process begins from January 02, 2020.
- All the candidates shall be recruited to various branches of Junior Associates through 8000 SBI Clerk Vacancy
- The process involves two stages- Prelims and Mains following the previous SBI Clerk Exam Pattern.
- The candidates who are willing to apply for the exam have to be qualified with a Bachelor's degree.
- SBI Clerk Apply Online Link shall be active from January 03, 2020.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF Highlights
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk|
|SBI Clerk Official Notification PDF 2020||SBI Clerk|
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Clerk/ Junior Associates|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Number of Vacancies||8000+|
|Prelims Sections||English, Reasoning & Maths|
|Type of Questions (Prelims)||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Negative Marking (Prelims)||Applicable (0.25 deducted on every wrong answer)|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Local Language Test|
SBI Clerk 2020 Vacancy
SBI Clerk Recruitment is done for hiring Junior Associates/Bank clerks from across India to various locations pan India. The total number of SBI Clerk Vacancy announced is 8000.
The total number of vacancies announced this year as per the recent SBI Clerk 2020 Notification is 7870 for General Recruitment and Special Recruitment is 130.
SBI Clerk 2020 Category-wise Vacancy List
Given below is the brief distribution of category-wise vacancies for General Recruitment through SBI Clerk Notification 2020:
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
Given below is the category-wise vacancies for Special Recruitment through SBI Clerk 2020 Notification:
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
SBI Clerk 2020 State-wise Vacancy List
Given below is the state-wise vacancy list for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020:
|Daman & Diu||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Jammu & Kashmir||23||5||4||5||13||50|
Given below is the state-wise vacancy list for Special Recruitment:
|Leh & Kargil Valley||10||2||1||2||5||20|
|Dibang Valley, Tawang||9||2||0||9||0||20|
SBI Clerk Important/Exam Dates 2020
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification is out for Junior Associates now. Candidates must note that the Prelims exam is scheduled for February 2020.
Check all important SBI Clerk Exam Dates 2020 in the table below:
|SBI Clerk 2020 Notification has been published on||2nd January 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Online Application will begin from||3rd January 2020|
|Last date to apply online for SBI Clerk 2020||26th January 2020|
|Download of Prelims Admit card shall start from||February 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims Exam Date||February / March 2020|
|Download of call letter for Main Examination will start from||April 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam is scheduled for||19th April 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Result (Mains + Final)||June 2020|
SBI Clerk Salary Details: Pay Scale
SBI Clerk/Bank Clerk Recruitment involves hiring the Junior Associates for Customer Support and Sales department in the State Bank of India. The basic salary/ in-hand salary for the clerical position in SBI is INR 13075.
Payscale for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31450. The salary is inclusive of the DA, HRA and more.
SBI Clerk Job Profile & Career Growth
The clerk recruited for SBI operates day to day functions in the bank such as opening accounts, amount transfers, etc. He works as a head cashier.
Candidates recruited for the clerical cadres are promoted to Trainee officers after serving for 3 years. If one succeeds through the fast track promotion process in SBI then they can be promoted to the post of General Manager.
SBI Clerk 2020 Eligibility Criteria
SBI Clerk Eligibility includes analyzing a candidate's candidature on the basis of the age limit, qualification, and reservation criteria. Fulfilling the SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria is a mandate to apply for the exam. Given below are the details of the eligibility criteria:
Nationality for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
- Candidate must be an Indian National OR
- Any candidate who is a citizen of Bhutan/Nepal/Bangladesh with a valid certificate by Indian govt. is also eligible to apply.
SBI Clerk Educational Qualification
- Any candidate holding a Graduate or any equivalent degree in any stream or subject from government recognized institute/college can apply.
- Candidates must note that they will not be checked on any minimum marks.
- Candidates having a dual degree certificate should ensure the date of passing is on or before August 2020.
SBI Clerk Age Limit (as on 01.01.2020)
- The minimum age and maximum age limit for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 is 20 years and 28 years respectively.
- However, there is an age relaxation for the reserved categories as per the government norms which is provided in the table below-
|Category||Maximum Age Limit|
|Other backward classes (OBC)||31 yrs|
|Person with disabilities (General)||38 yrs|
|Person with disabilities (SC /ST)||43 yrs|
|Person with disabilities (OBC)||41 yrs|
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||33 Yrs|
|Ex-Service-men/Disabled Ex-Service-men||The actual period of service rendered in defence services for more than 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women||
SBI Clerk Application Form 2020
SBI Clerk Apply Online link will be active from January 03, 2020. The application fee is INR 750 for the General category.
Candidates from reserved categories are exempted from paying the application fee for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020.
Here are steps to Apply Online for SBI Clerk 2020:
- Visit the official website of SBI to access the direct apply online link.
- Register as a New User by entering your Personal Details.
- Accept the declaration to access the application form.
- Basic details section will have personal information auto-filled which was asked during SBI Clerk Online Registration.
- Fill your communication and academic details in the next step.
- After verifying the details, Save the information to move to the next step.
- Upload the photo and signature in the required formats.
- After uploading documents, pay the application fee in the selected mode (online/offline)
SBI Clerk Selection Process
SBI Clerk Selection Process is a three-stage process. The following are details about the recruitment through SBI:
Stage 1: SBI Clerk Prelims Exam
It is an online exam lasting for a duration of 1 hour. There are 3 sections in the exam with 100 multiple-choice questions.
20 minutes is allocated to each section in the exam. No minimum qualifying marks are allocated for an individual test. The candidates move to the Mains stage after calculation of aggregate scores in Prelims.
Stage 2: SBI Clerk Mains Exam
It is a bilingual exam with Objective Type questions for Maths, Reasoning, and Computer Aptitude and Finance Awareness. The exam is descriptive for the General English section.
The total questions asked are 190. The time given to complete the questions is 2 hours 40 minutes (sectional time for each section is allotted).
Stage 3: Language Proficiency Test
Candidates qualifying the Mains stage and produce 10th/12th class certificate mentioning the opted language as one of the subjects shall be sent for training right away. For others, SBI conducts the Local Language Test before joining. Any candidate who fails this test shall not be recruited for the post.
SBI Clerk Admit Card
Candidates can download the SBI Clerk Admit Card in online mode. The call letters are published separately for the prelims and mains exam. SBI Clerk Prelims Call Letter will be published in February 2020.
How To Download SBI Clerk Admit Card?
Follow the steps given below in order to download the SBI Clerk Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of SBI
- Search 'Admit Card'
- Then, click on it
- A new page will open
- Now, enter registration number and password
- Click Submit/OK/Enter
- The Admit Card will appear
- Save it and download it and take multiple printout copies of it
It is an advice to the students to must download multiple copies of the Admit Card in order to keep a backup.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
The SBI Clerk Exam Pattern consists of online test (prelims and mains) along with a local language test which is compulsory for all candidates to crack.
- The Prelims & Mains test will have a separate exam timing
- There will be negative marks for each wrong answer in the Objective type tests. 1/4th of a mark will be deducted for every wrong answer attempted.
- No minimum qualifying marks for anyone has been fixed
- The candidates, for the Mains exam, will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Prelims Exam
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The Prelims exam will be taken in an online mode. The table below has the SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims (objective) Exam Pattern structure:
|Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk Mains exam will be taking place in an online mode. The following table has the SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern (objective) structure:
|Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||25 minutes|
SBI Clerk 2020 Syllabus
There are a lot of similarities in the SBI Clerk Syllabus with the syllabus of other banking exams. Each section of the syllabus has multiple other topics based on which questions appear in the exam. There are a total of 2 exams:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Syllabus
The table given below has the important topics of SBI Clerk Syllabus for the prelims exam.
|Reading Comprehension||Puzzles||Data Interpretation|
|Spelling Error||Error Detection||Approximation|
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Syllabus
The SBI Clerk mains exam 2020 includes 4 sections: Reasoning, Maths, English & General Awareness. Some of the most important topics from the mains exam are mentioned as follows: The SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Test has is an Objective-type paper.
SBI Clerk Mains Objective Test: The following table has the entire information regarding the Mains Objective Test 2020. The candidates must go through the information thoroughly:
- The questions come in MCQ type
- There will be negative marking for 1/4 marks for every wrong answer attempted by the candidate.
- The objective test is for a total of 200 marks
SBI Clerk Previous Year Papers
SBI Clerk Previous Year Papers is the initial preparation trick one must implement, to begin with, the preparation of this exam.
Students can also appear for Mock tests online to understand the level of difficulty, exam pattern, and type of questions asked.
Check below the links to SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Papers:
|SBI Clerk Prelims Question Paper||SBI Clerk Mains Question Paper|
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips 2020
The dates for the Mains exam are out. In order to clear the exam, the candidates must prepare for the exam with the help of SBI Clerk preparation tips which are given below:
SBI Clerk English Section Preparation Tips
- The students must take out at least 6-8 hours per day to study
- Candidates have to complete 40 questions in 40 minutes in English Mains, read SBI Clerk English Preparation
- Learn one new vocabulary word every day and practice it by forming sentences
SBI Clerk GK Preparation Tips
- The candidates must regularly read the newspaper to enhance knowledge for GK Exam
- Beginning your revision and preparation from the SBI Clerk Previous Year Papers is the initial trick to clear the exam.
- Also, it is very important to focus on the weak areas in subjects
SBI Clerk Numeric Ability Preparation Tips
- Take one Mock Test daily to improve your time-management skills as well as score.
- Have proper rest and food to keep the skills at the optimum level.
- Maths Section is little tricky so candidates need to allocate more time on it
SBI Clerk Reasoning Preparation Tips
- The students must solve more and more puzzles and play logic-based games
- Also, solving more and more quizzed and mock tests can help crack the exam
SBI Clerk Result
The State Bank of India announces SBI Clerk Result in PDF format. The students can check their scorecard and if they require, they can download it too. This year, no PDF has been updated.
How To Check SBI Clerk Result?
Follow the steps given below in order to check the result:
- Visit the official website of SBI
- Look for the tab called 'Result'
- Click on it
- Now, fill their Registration Number & Password
- Click on Submit/OK/Enter
- The scorecard will show up
SBI Clerk Cut off (Prelims and Mains)
SBI Clerk Cut off is generally published along with the scores. There is no sectional cut-off in the SBI Clerk Recruitment. The Cutoff for Prelims and Mains for the previous year is mentioned below:
SBI Clerk Cut off 2019 for Prelims
The following table has SBI Clerk 2019 Prelims Cut off:
|Category||Cut Off 2019 (Delhi)||Cut Off 2019 (Rajasthan)|
SBI Clerk Cut Off for Mains Exam 2019
Candidates must check out the following table for Mains Exam Category-wise:
|General / Financial Awareness||50||13.5||9.5||3.25|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||24||19||11.25|